Monday, January 10, 2011

Landry's Gift

During Christmas when family members were asking me I what I wanted for Christmas I kept thinking I really don't want anything... stuff was not mind. Then I started thinking about the NICU staff at S&W and how much I truly appreciate each and everyone of the Nurses and Doctors that worked to save Landry's life. I know for a fact they were hoping for a different outcome just like we were.
Therefore, I decided to contact the NICU Nurse that was wanting a different outcome and fought so hard for Landry. Cindy, is the Nurse that came and got Landry from our Labor and Delivery room to take him to the NICU. Cindy and I grew up together but it took Landry to bring our paths together again, and for that I am truly thankful.
Cindy mentioned that they love receiving blankets for the babies. Receiving blankets is all that came to mind after I heard that so I decided that I did not want anything for me but I did want blankets to take to the NICU..... Ryan's family sure did come through for us (Ryan wanted the same thing) we had bags full of little tiny blankets that will be used to give some tiny baby warmth and hopefully a blanket that the family will get to take their beautiful blessing home in.
I wrapped the blankets and put a copy of "Landry's Letter" in each gift. The ribbon from Hobby Lobby reminded of Landry's room so I knew that is the ribbon I wanted. We took the gifts to the Hospital with us on Tuesday for Landry's Dedication. Ryan and I spoke at the end (do not ask me what I said because I don't remember). It is amazing the strength that God will give you when you need it the most. The part that I will cherish is when I walked in to NICU with Cindy and two close friends to deliver the blankets. Bittersweet is the only way to describe it.
My desire is that the blankets touch so many lives just as our life was changed when Landry joined our family. Landry will always be apart of us and my hope is that the gift that Landry brought to my life will help give warmth and comfort to a little tiny miracle in need of a special gift. Landry was a special gift to me and I truly love sharing his gift with others.





2 comments:

Jen said...

what a beautiful and special gift. love your heart, sweet friend!

Mary Beth said...

Landry is making such a difference at that NICU, Holly. It is so precious and amazing. You are strong and a wonderful mommy!