Sunday, June 26, 2011

11 Balloons





Today marks Landry's, 11 months in Glory. In keeping up with our monthly tradition of releasing balloons to Landry in Heaven, Tyler sent up 11 balloons to his Brother this afternoon. I must say that this has been of of my favorite times during these past 11 months, and it has been a wonderful way to include Tyler, and for that I am thankful, and seeing Tyler's face light up and hearing his sweet prayer of Thanksgiving for Landry every month makes my heart melt. My Parent's joined us this afternoon as well, and so that even more sweet (Please excuse the smudge mark on our lens. Are camera got a lot of use this weekend, but I will save that all for other posts).

Once again it is hard to believe how close we are getting to the One Year marker. I am really not sure how I feel about it all, or maybe I can't explain how I am feeling.

Today while checking out at Card Party, the check out line I chose had a huge 1st Birthday display with plates, banners.... ect. and it was all in blue. It felt like someone took a knife and stabbed my heart. I was in line buying blue balloons to send to our little boy in Heaven, when what I should be doing and what I long to be doing is buying Landry all the 1st Birthday Party stuff he deserves.

I know deep down that Landry's Birthday and Gloryday celebration in Heaven are going to be greater than any Birthday celebration I could put together for Landry. However, sometimes it takes a while for my heart and tears to accept that. We love you, Landry. We miss you so much today and always. We are so thankful for the time we did have you, and we are thankful for the past 11 months and what you have brought to our lives. You amaze me.

No comments: