Thursday, June 9, 2011

What's In A Name

I am a typical girl when it comes to names that I like, as soon as I hear a name that I like I write down in back of a journal.... ok, so maybe this is not typical for most of you but I loved marking down my favorite names. I don't do it any more since we already have our top names picked.
Ryan and I discussed names before we got married, and if I remember correctly I think we already had our children named before we were married and way before we got pregnant. I loved that after every ultra sound we could start calling Tyler, Landry, and Georgia Kate by their names. Of course since Ryan always said we were only having boy's our boy list is a lot longer than our girl list, in fact the only girl name we could agree on, and the only name down was the one we picked. Of course after the Ultrasound Ryan said he was not sure if he liked Georgia Kate, because he thought he would never has to us it... you gotta love his sense of humour.
Here is a little history behind Georgia Kathryn: Georgia is my Mom's name, so she will be named after her Ghee, that makes my heart smile. Kathryn is just a beautiful name and the reason we chose the spelling with the "y" is we all have "Y's" in our name, they are all in our first names, but it still matches with our "y" theme. I never noticed that until Landry was born. I love saying the name Georgia Kate, it is a dream come true. I truly hope that God blesses us with a beautiful relationship just as I have with my Mom.
And there you have the story of how we named our daughter.

3 comments:

Ghee and Poppy said...

This is the first time we've heard you refer to GK as your 'daughter'; what joy!!!

Mary Beth said...

I love Georgia Kate's name - so beautiful! She will be as gorgeous as her mommy (inside and out) I'm sure!

Mary Beth and Travis said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Georgia Kate, Holly!!! I also love hearing stories of how these precious babies get their names. :) What a lucky little girl!!