Monday, June 6, 2011

Invitations

Yesterday afternoon I was on my favorite site for Invitations getting Tyler's Invitations ordered for his big 4th Birthday Party. I have used this site for the past 2 years and I love it, so once again his Invitations will be coming from the same site.
As I was sitting at the computer waiting for my creative juices to flow, I thought I would search at other invitations for help with wording and creative lingo, and all of the sudden my eyes spotted a 1st Birthday Invitation, and the tears immediately started to fall on to the keyboard, our poor keyboard has seen a lot of my tears this year.
Tyler and Landry's Birthdays are two days apart, so I should also be ordering Landry's Birthday Invitations as well. I still remember while I was getting dressed to go to the Hospital last July thinking about how excited I was that our Boy's Birthday's are going to be so close and we could have joint parties... I should have been thinking about labor and delivery at the time, but of course I was planning a Birthday Party for my Boy's.
This year everything is different, and I am left struggling with wanting to order Invitations for Landry, and for him to blow out candles on his very own cake. July 24 and July 26 are two of the most important days that changed my life forever. July 24, 2010, Landry James joined our family and then on July 26, 2007, Tyler Justin joined our family. July 26 also has seen its share of heartache as that is also day that Landry went to Heaven to live with Jesus last year. However, I am so thankful and blessed for my amazing friends who threw a little party for Tyler at the Hospital on his Birthday last year, and that Landry was able to be apart of Tyler's 3rd Birthday. Landry went to heaven shortly after Ty's party, but I love the fact that Landry held on, just so he could share in his Big Brother's Birthday, in my eyes my two boys will always share a special bond.
This year our celebrations will not be how I thought they would be, but I am sure that those bittersweet days will find true hope and happiness as we remember and celebrate our Boy's.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I distinctly remember your mom telling me that you had a joint party already in the works for your boys. God had other plans...Ty celebrated three on the 26th, Landry celebrated his HOMEGOING! My heart continually aches for you, my mind thinks of you, and I am AMAZED how God has used you in this journey.