Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Swim Lessons














Yesterday Morning kicked off our first week of Swim Lesson at UMHB (our local University). We started Tyler out there last Summer and so we are doing it again this year.

Ty was all grown in his Cars swim suit, his flip flops are also Cars. Ty is counting down the days until the new Movie come out on Friday!


I guess Ty looked so grown up that he passed as a 6 year old, because that is the class he was put in. I was shocked when I realized that they put him in the wrong class, because he got right in the water. However, once they started doing some drills I quickly realized that the class was a little too advanced for him, my goodness Ty is not even 4, yet. Thankfully we were able to make the swap very easily, because Ty's friend Jack was in the class that Ty should be in, so we switched our boys and all was well. I think Ty was a little shaken up at first, so yesterday was a little off, but today he ran up to me and said, "I did Awesome".... I could peak in on him and I was so proud.


Today was even better than yesterday, and that is what I have been praying for. I truly want Ty to be more and more comfortable, and I think with time and as much swimming as we do we will get there. I just want this to be a positive experience and not scary for him. I hope our next two days and next week are successful.


The parents are not allowed to stay in the swim area, so I don't have that many pictures, but I will be able to take some on the last day.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Love his summer haircut! Such a handsome boy!