Tuesday, June 14, 2011

VBS

On Sunday after Church we headed to Fort Worth to see Ryan's Family and get Tyler all ready for Vacation Bible School at Nana and Papa's Church. The theme for this year is Noah's Ark. We all went to the big kick off event and Ty was loving every minute it. I am sure being surrounded by several of his Cousins helped, too..... Ryan and I headed back on Sunday evening and we left Tyler there, he will be back on Thursday.
Of course, this little Momma was in tears when we pulled out of the parking lot. Tyler is having a great time, and I am left counting down the minutes until Thursday. All of my friends have told me to enjoy this time, and I am, but I still miss my little buddy like crazy. However, I am learning to be thankful for this time apart, and I know Ryan's family love having Tyler in town.
The Cousins with Nana.


What have we been doing with a quiet house? Well, we have not been a lot. Ryan has been in Salado for a Superintendent's conference, it kicked off yesterday with a Golf Tournament. Monday Morning I hit the gym bright and early and then I had coffee at Starbucks with our new Secretary of the League, for some training and swapping of materials. Well, our training turned out to be a blessing in disguise.



Heather has been such a sweet blessing in my life since Landry went to Heaven, she brought me a meal right after Landry died, and opened up to me about her Infertility issues. Our stories and our heartache are different but in the way they are the same. However, a few months ago I received the greatest news.... Heather is pregnant with their first child due on Christmas Eve! I have been praying non stop for this tiny miracle. Yesterday over coffee we talked about fears and anxiety, but we also shared our hopes for our new Miracles. Our coffee visit lasted 2 hours, but it was truly blessing.



After Coffee I got cleaned up to head to Salado with my Mom. My Mom had some pictures she needed to get at one place, but the rest of our visit was spent eyeing all of the adorable girl stuff. We are both still trying to get used to the idea of shopping for a girl, because it has been all about the boy stuff for a very long time. Ryan called while were were shopping, and mentioned his golf partner got put on another team and was wondering if I wanted to come ride with him. Therefore, my Mom dropped me off at the Golf Course and I enjoyed a few rounds of Golf with Ryan. It was nice to spend some time just the two us. I did not last the for the whole game, but It was fun while it lasted. I headed home to rest (I actually took a nap) and get cleaned up for a Steak Dinner. Ryan's Golf tournament ended with a very nice Steak Dinner. I think overall our Monday was very nice and enjoyed all of my extra time with just Ryan.



Today Ryan headed back to Salado for his all day Conference. I hit the gym, and then spent some nice alone time at Landry's Grave site. I sat there for a while enjoying the peace. The tears of course fell, but the prayers were flowing. Sometimes it is nice to be able to sit at Landry's site and not be rushed, but take my time with thoughts and prayers. This afternoon I had my monthly Doctor appointment (that is coming in another post). Ryan came home and headed out to Umpire, and my parents invited me to come sit at the pool with them and then have dinner. Tonight was so, so wonderful. It has been such a long time since it has just been the three of us, and we talked and talked for hours. As much as my heart is missing Tyler, I am trying my best to enjoy this special quality time with Ryan and my family.

No comments: