Thursday, June 30, 2011

Memories

Have you ever looked through your closest, and come across certain shirts, dresses, ect...... and certain memories have come to your mind, because you wore it for a particular occasion. I have several outfits like that, but they have never brought me to tears as when I put on one of my Maternity tops that I wore last Summer when I was pregnant with Landry. So many memories came flooding back but the one thought that stuck with me, was the last time I wore that shirt Landry was alive. I immediately took it off and put it away.... I just don't think I can wear those tops that I lived in when I was pregnant with Landry ever again. I was amazed at how fresh that pain was and how it stung so badly.
I was thankful my Mom got me a new swim suit this year, because she knew that I would not be able to put back on the suit I wore all last Summer, and seeing it in my draw always makes my heart drop.
I remember the first morning we were home after leaving the hospital with out Landry, and I was in our closet getting dressed and I immediately reached for some non maternity pants, and of course they would not button so the tears just started to flow. I think it is strange how I wanted to badly not to wear maternity.... I guess if I was not in maternity clothes I would not be reminded of all of those painful memories that were still so fresh.
Our closest has seen a lot of my tears this year, but no matter how much my heart hurts when I see all of the maternity clothes that I wore with Landry I can't help but to remind myself to be thankful for those clothes and memories because if it were not for them there would be no Tyler or Landry. I am also thankful for this new bump and miracle inside of me and I know that someday certain outfits I have will always remind me of our first daughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, but I understand the pain of loosing...so your blog post made me misty. HE gives and takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord.