Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Healing Is A Process

I have learned during this journey that we are traveling that healing takes time and it is something that can not be rushed and there is no right or wrong when it comes to healing. I have learned first hand that no one can tell you that what you are feeling is wrong, because the only one who knows what is right, is the one who is suffering.
I have thought a lot recently about how far we come in our healing. To me healing takes place everyday, and everyday we are moving forward. Every Morning that we get out bed we are moving forward, at the beginning I remember I would have tell myself to get out bed, but now I just get out of bed because that is what you are supposed to do. I look at my family, our house and think to myself I must be doing something right... my family is fed, they always have clean clothes to wear, and our house is clean, (ok maybe not spotless but it looks descent) so I must be doing something right and that it when it hits me that I am functioning like I should be. I am sure some areas in our life get neglected at times, but I try really hard to stay afloat of things. I will admit that some days still hurt and leave me missing Landry, but that is normal to anyone that lost a child.
Last Summer we were heading out on a new journey of becoming the parents of 2 children, when all the sudden our journey took a sudden detour down a road we were not wanting to go down, but it was the road that God wanted us on. So here were are on a road that is new to us, we have a lot of bumps (a new baby bump too) and stops along the way, but we have also had numerous blessings, beautiful balloons, and rainbows along the way. However, we still keep driving because we know that this road will lead us to our ultimate destination which is Eternity in Heaven.
The Process may be slow but when the plan for your life did not turn out as planned (Plan A), and you are forced to have a Plan B you have to expect that it will take time heal. Every day we move forward with our "new normal" knowing that our hearts and lives will never be the same, but I can say we move forward with hope.


3 comments:

Jen said...

beautiful! love you and your heart. been praying for you a LOT today sweet friend.

Heather B. said...

I just love your heart and you!!! You are such an amazing person and Mom!! love you!

Cindy said...

Every day we move forward with our "new normal" knowing that our hearts and lives will never be the same, but I can say we move forward with hope.

THANK YOU for sharing your heart...loved this sentence. Praying for you, Ry, Ty, and Georgia Kate. :)