Thursday, June 30, 2011

Progress

At the beginning of swim season I wondered if I would ever get Ty out of the baby pool and in to the big pool. Ty has faced a lot of fears these past couple of weeks, and we officially have a little fish on our hands.
Today was Tyler's last day of swim lessons, and I have really been blown away by him improvement and confidence over these 2 weeks of lessons. This week has really been a big week for him, and the best part is he will practice what he does at lessons with me. I have taken him to the pool twice this week, and he finally wear a floaty. That is a huge step if you ask me.... I bought him the floaty that he has on the pictures last year because that is what he would wear in lessons, but he throw the biggest when I tried to get him to put it on. However, something clicked and he put it on for me on Tuesday afternoon at the the pool, and again today.
I am thankful we were able to sit inside today and watch, because Tyler's class swam the whole length of the pool, and UMHB has a big pool. I was in complete awe and amazement of our biggest. I tried to get some action shots, but I was just so proud of Tyler that I had a hard time taking my eyes off of him to click and shoot the camera. Tyler also showed off all of his jumping in to water skills. Ty has always loved jumping in to the water, but now he will jump in and immediately start kicking and swimming.
Sure we have some more to learn when it comes to swimming, but I am so thankful for all of the strides that Tyler has made these past two weeks, and I hope that his confidence will continue to grow by leaps and bounds during the rest of the summer.
We are so proud of you, Tyler and I can't wait to spend the rest of our summer swimming together.






























No comments: