Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kick Off



This week has been a big week as My fellow President and I have been wrapping up last minute details non stop. The planning has been going on much longer than just this week, but it feels good to know that we are almost there. Tomorrow evening we plan on kicking off our year in style with our annual Board and Chair training retreat. The Board part kicks off tomorrow, complete with a Slumber Party at a beautiful Ranch/Bunk House. Saturday Morning we welcome our Committee Chairs for all day training.

Last night I met at the Second Hand Rose with Pam, and Amber. Amber is Pam's President Assistant (I hope I get one of those) and put together our binders for the year. Putting together a binder is not a easy task! I feel like I should start working on mine for next year..... It took us a while but we did it, and it only took us one trip to Staples for holes to be punched in our dividers, I would call that a success. Tonight I will create a power point with important Save the Date reminders, this is where my assistant comes in to action (AKA as Ryan). Don't say I didn't warn you, Ryan. Plus I know how much you love Power Points!

No matter how busy I am or how much there is to do, I love everything about my Role and Future with JLBC.

Now back to today. First stop, GYM!! My exercise routine has suffered since having Tyler home from school. We made it Monday for the first time in a week, and my body was screaming. Back today and tomorrow. This is my first pregnancy that I have kept up with regular exercise, and it makes such a difference in how I feel and really helps with my energy level. After that I plan on taking Tyler to a Splash Pad for a picnic (just the two of us). and then we will end our day with ice cream and playing in doors at Chic Fil A.



No comments: