Friday, August 20, 2010

First Day of School

Today marked the first day of School for Ty. We are at a new school this year so it was a big Morning for us. I felt very weak when I woke up so I told Ryan to give me hug and pray that I have strength to get through this Morning. I was in tears while making our bed because I was weak and my heart ached for Landry to be with us.
Ty of course looked so handsome in his school uniform. I love that we don't have to decide what to put on. Ty was in a good mood this Morning and we were out the door before 7:45am! Ty will be in school every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Morning. Ty walked right in the door and headed straight to his room (open House really made an impact on Ty because he remembered where to go). We found his name on the hook outside of his classroom door and Ty put his back pack on the hook and walked straight in with out even looking to see if I was coming! I was shocked and so proud! I could have left and Ty would have been just fine but I felt that I should share with Ty's teacher about how we lost a baby 4 weeks ago, and she had heard about it and made me feel at ease about changes in Ty (potty training ( well pooh-pooh) has reversed since Landry). Mrs. McRae said that the majority of kids are going though a lot of changes with the start of a new year and also a new school. I just worry about Ty and don't want him to be hurting.
Ty had a wonderful first day and the only one that shed tears was his Mommy. Thanks to one of my besties for waiting and giving me a big hug and sitting outside to talk for a few minutes. I truly have the most amazing friends and I feel so blessed that God has put so many amazing people in our life that have not left our side during this difficult time. Ghee came with me to pick Ty up and he had a hug smile on his face and welcomed us with a big hug! What a wonderful feeling.
Today was just another reminder that God does not give us more than we can handle and his hands will carry me through these hard times. The tears that were shed today were tears of sorrow of and joy. Now we prepare for Ryan's first day of school. I still find myself wishing our life had changed but in a way it has not. Oh, how I wish I was excited about all the firsts but it just HURTS!!








1 comment:

Jen said...

Holly,
Ty is so cute! I am glad everything went well for Ty. We are praying for you during this unimaginable time. Thank you for sharing your journey and for being so open. God is using you in many ways.