Friday, August 13, 2010

Took My Breath Away

We drove to Hillsbro on Wednesday to meet Ryan's Dad/Papa and hand over Tyler until Sunday. I was very anxious about Ty leaving because he really is my support system these days and he keeps me busy. However, I know that Ryan's family need him during this time and he is surrounded by tons of loving arms and a lot of cousins to play with so he is having a great time. We both cried at drop off but Ty stopped crying before he left the parking lot, so basically Ty just likes to torture me.
Therefore, I have been keeping myself very busy and of course I have been surrounded by several wonderful friends who have been calling to check on me. Yesterday Morning I attended a New Bible that one of my friends told me about and I ended up seeing a lot of special women. It was truly a wonderful Morning and I can't wait to go back. I am still involved with my Wednesday Bible Study, but who says you can't attend more than one Bible Study?!? Yesterday afternoon I had the honor of meeting with a friend that I met through Junior League that lost her precious son in the delivery room in 2007. It felt so wonderful to talk with someone that understands what I am going through. I feel like we are apart of a special club. We spent 2 hours sharing our stories and she provided me with some much needed advice and guidance. I feel truly blessed that God brought this amazing Christian women in to my life.
After our talk I headed to Wal Mart to pick up a photo of Landry that I had special ordered. When the women handed me the 11x14 picture it literally took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful boy. I went to the grave site yesterday to spend some special time with my littlest. I just cried and cried and kept wanting him to be here with us. My heart is aching so much right now, but I know all the the pain and heart ache we are feeling will ease with time.
Last night another dear friend took me out dinner. It was very nice since Ryan had to work late. We talked for 2 hours and I loved being able to open up my heart and talk about Landry. I shared a lot about Landry and the journey we are on a lot yesterday, but I found it very therapeutic for me. Tears were included but laughter always followed. I am touched and blessed by the special friends that God has put in our life. Please don't hesitate to talk or ask us about Tyler or Landry. I love talking about both of my boys.
I still miss Tyler so much but I have been able to doing a lot of crying and grieving that I don't let myself do around Tyler. I am also enjoying my time with Ryan. However, he is super busy with work these days that he has not been around much. What an amazing and hard working man. I love you Ryan!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Holly,

Another touching post. You are so right- Landry is beautiful. That is all I could think when I first saw pictures of him. Your pictures are amazing. What a blessing that you have them. Thank you for sharing those with us and your sweet words about your precious boy. My heart aches for you and your family, but I am so glad that you have the Lord's comfort and godly women to come along side you. Please know we are praying for you!

Unknown said...

Hi holly. I just wanted you to know how present you are in my thoughts and dreams right now. I pray more often and more passionately for my growing family because i'm more aware of just how precious life is because of Landry. I was at the visitation and funeral in spirit but couldn't quit get the physically. Your family means so much to our family and I will continue to pray for peace and strength for you all. Please pray for me as well... Courage for me and health for my unborn Andrew.

Unknown said...

Holly, you and your family are a true inspiration. I continue to pray for you all that God's healing and love wash over you in every way and continue to strengthen you.

You are now, and have always been, an amazing, strong and beautiful person. I admire you greatly and hope that you continue to lean on God for all of your needs.

Jenn Pitts said...

Holly - I so admire your faith and just want you to know what an impact Landry and your family have had on so many lives. Thank you for sharing so openly and beautifully. He was a perfect little angel with a special purpose during his brief time here. My heart hurts for you and your family. We will continue to pray that God will hold you close and cover you with His love.

Margaret said...

It was so wonderful seeing you at the Bible Study. A first for us both, made it even easier...knowing I wasn't the only new one to the crowd. I wish I could have offered more than a hug, but I am a really good hugger, so I thought it was best. See you again soon. HUGS!

Lauren said...

beautiful post Holly!