Thursday, August 26, 2010

Goddaughter

I would like to introduce you all to our Goddaughter, Zoë Anabelle. Our dear friends Whitney and Stephen King blew us away last night when they asked if we would be Zoë's Godparent's. We both feel very honored and blessed to have been asked.
Whitney and I shared a special bond this year because we were both pregnant with our second children and our due dates were weeks apart. I already had Landry a girlfriend before he was born. We even shared a Baby Shower together. Needless to say this family is very close to us and they stood right by our side during our short time with Landry. Zoë was born on August 11th and of course we were right there at the Hospital after she was born. I will admit going to the hospital and and holding Zoë were very hard for me but that is what friends do. We are there for one another during the worst and best times. And now every time I hold that precious tiny girl I don't want to let her go.
Last night was also a great night for me because I spent the evening with some of the most amazing women in this world. I would not be able to get through these past few weeks if it were not for our amazing friends that call, text, write, hug me, cry with me, visit, and even go to Landry's grave site with me so I can water his flower. God is good!
We will love our Goddaughter with our whole heart and treasure her always. Let the spoiling begin!! I can't wait.





3 comments:

Heather B. said...

That is such an awesome honor!!! She is one lucky girl to have the two of you!!! Enjoy her!! :)

The Armstrong Family said...

What a wonderful picture of the two of you smiling with precious Zoe. I know she love and cherish your family forever...

whitney said...

Stephen and I wanted to choose a couple to be Zoë's godparents that she could look up to, not only spiritually, but as a model of what love is supposed to look like. You guys are it! Like Heather said, she is one lucky girl. :) We love you!