Monday, August 23, 2010

Random Acts of Kindness


Last week we were at our Mall play area with a friend of mine and her little boy. I was telling Maggie all about Landry when out of the blue this woman, or possibly an Angel sat down across from me and stated that you do not know me but I am thinking and praying for your family. She stated that they go to our Church and sit a few rows behind us and Ryan was also her Summer School Principal a few years ago. After we talked she hands me this book that she went and bought and the Book Store when she saw me at the play area. I was blown away by her kindness that I had goose bumps. I have actually heard of this book because I follow this Author's blog: http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/ Every time I see the book on our desk it reminds me that there is a God and he his watching over during this time. I know that I will have hard days and good days but it is all a part of the grieving process. I have not started reading book because I am just not ready. There are still a lot of steps I have to take.
A few weeks ago my parents had an envelope taped to our day our names on it so she brought it to us and when I opened it there was a note that said "May our Lord Jesus Christ.... and God our Father comfort your hearts." 2 Thessalonians 2:16,17 (RSV) we also found $300.00 in it. However, there was no name. Yesterday we were walking out of church and this woman comes over to me and states that she does not know me but she has been following our blog and she gave me hug and stated that she has been praying for us. Thank you God for all of these random acts of kindness and the love of strangers. You are following us through this dark time and for that I praise You.

4 comments:

Heather B. said...

You will LOVE her book, when the time is right! You are so loved by so many people! You are simply amazing!

lvaught said...

I agree you are so loved by many! How amazing that that lady got you that book...that is the one we were talking about the other day at the park. Love you friend!

Jen said...

You are loved and prayed for more than you can imagine. God is good to comfort you through all these acts.

Margaret said...

It was such an amazing beautiful moment. See you Thursday. I will have a hug available for you.