Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Love


I don't think I say enough about what a wonderful Father, Tyler and Landry have. Ryan is the most hardworking, loving, kind man I have ever met. He loves me and our boy's so much. Ryan has shown so much strength during this time of loss that it truly amazes me.

Ryan is the Superintendent for Westphalia ISD so he never gets a break. I guess it should not surprise me that Ryan's school was rated Exemplary for the 2nd year in a row. I am so proud of Ryan and he is already hard at work this week getting his staff ready for another great school year. Ryan is such proud Father. He loves when I take Ty to his school, and Ty really loves it, too. I know he was so ready for me to bring Landry up to the school so he could show him off. Last Friday I had several pictures of Landry copied and framed, so Ryan asked me to bring them up to work so he could see them. As soon as I arrived he took the pictures from me and showed them off to everyone that was around. That is one proud Dad!!

I love Ryan. During the 43 hours we had with Landry I fell in love with Ryan all over again. We both were so emotional and our hearts were breaking but we never once stopped hugging, or making sure everything was ok. I have heard several times that a tragedy like this can tear a couple apart and I will not let that happen to us. If my parents can survive losing a son unexpectedly then I know we can do this. We hug, kiss, and hold hands a lot more now. Not that we stopped doing those things but we did not do them as often. I miss him a lot more when he is gone and love just being with him even if we sit in silence or cry. Thank you Ryan for loving me and our two boy's so much. It breaks my heart that Landry will never get to play ball with you and Ty. You are the best and I will always admire your strength.

I stated last night that I share a special bond with Ty because I know what it is like to lose a brother, well I forgot to mention my amazing parents. Sometimes my thoughts go so fast when I am writing that I forget things. I also share a bond with my parents now. They both are so amazing and they have so much love for me and Ryan and especially Tyler and Landry (Landry has his Poppy's name: Landry James). My parents have stated several times that they hate that I have to go through this heartache all over again, but they are going through it all over again, too. I am so thankful they are only a hug and shoulder away.

Ryan and I both have amazing parents that have been so wonderful during this time. They never left Landry's side either. Our parents deserve their own post and they will get it. Love is truly an amazing feeling.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful tribute to your husband, Ryan!! Men grieve differently from women and sometimes that can pull couples apart--but not if you have an understanding of each other. I was so very grateful for the men who came to see David after our John died. That meant a lot. You WILL grow with each other with a bond that will seal you together forever. In His love, Ann C.

Jen said...

Beautiful post, Holly. What a wonderful father and husband Ryan is for you and your boys. I am so glad you have each other. And what a sweet tribute to your parents. May God richly bless your marriage, your family, and your relationships with your parents. Praying!

Jen said...

I forgot- I just LOVE the picture of Landry in the baseball glove with Ryan. Too special.

Avery said...

Hi Holly, I don't know if you remember me from high school or not, but I have been following your blog since I realized that Ryan was your husband. I'm his academic advisor at TAMU and some time ago made the connection that he was married to you. My heart goes out to you and your family during this time of loss. Your words bring tears to my eyes and your strength brings joy to my soul. May God bless all of you!
Love - Avery (Kopriva) Pavliska