Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Start Over

I wish I could hit a rewind button and do this week all over again or maybe a fast forward button would be nice. Ryan has been gone all day and then working late in the evenings so we have not seen much of him, and I have been trying to keep up with Ty. Therefore, today I had several meltdowns. My heart has just been aching all week and I am ready for the pain to go away that I times I find myself getting mad. I cried at Bible Study this Morning and I kept apologizing! I think I am trying to be too much right now.
So I am going to take a break tonight and refocus because I think Ty is sensing my moods and he has been acting out. I cried in front of him today and I told myself I would never do that. Hopefully my heart will feel better tomorrow but it has been a hard week.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.”
-Washington Irving

I wish that I had eloquent words to comfort you...but you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Ashley Gist

Jen said...

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit

Psalm 55:22 
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you;he will never let the righteous fall.

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

Holly,
When you feel like you can not stand, God is there to hold you in his arms. We are praying for you.

Tara said...

When I was going through this, I found that there were good days (where I could go from sun-up to sun-down without a hick-up) and bad days (when the tears just seemed to ooze all day long). Let yourself have bad days and don't feel guilty about the good days. One of the best things I did for myself was let myself step back from things when I needed to (like commitments, work, etc) and I had my safe place to just go ugly-cry it out. God will get you through it one day at a time and when you are weak, you can know that those are the times that all of the loved ones around you are holding you up in prayer.