Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Pageant



On Wednesday after I picked Tyler up from School we headed to the University of Mary Hardin Baylor, which is actually where I went to College and attended their annual Easter Pageant. I have never taken Ty because I thought he was too young but I knew several friends that were going to take their kids this year, so I thought I would take Tyler. It was a beautiful day outside and I had a big towel and Lunch for Tyler so he could eat lunch during the performance if needed since it was during lunch. Tyler loved that we were having picnic.

I was blown by the amount of talent this young people have and their true love of Christ. Tyler did really well, he actually sat on my lap the whole time and watched everything. He really loved that they had a real donkey and sheep. Thankfully, the animals did not stay out the whole time because I am sure Tyler would have been more interested in the animals than anything else going on.

The Pageant did a beautiful job displaying the life of Jesus and all of the events that led up to his Resurrection and the beauty of his empty tomb when he arose from the dead.

Tyler did get a little frightened when they were hammering Jesus to the cross, but that part really stuck with him because he will still tell us how they hammered Jesus to the cross and how he came running out of the tomb. I love the innocence of that sweet 3 year old little boy.

I was in tears at the end when Mary Magdalene was crying at the tomb, because I could identify with her pain. But at that moment when Jesus appears to Mary Magdalene it was so apparent in the words he spoke to her that the Resurrection was revealed to one who was hurting. He never abandons the broken hearted.

Blessed for last Wednesday and that special time with our biggest, and for the amazing sacrifice that Jesus made just so we can have life.

No comments: