Saturday, April 9, 2011

He Has Risen



With Easter upon us I was wanting to get something special for Landry's grave site. I was pleased with how everything turned out, but my favorite is the Easter plaque that has the verse below on it.


Matthew 28:6

He is not here; he has risen, just as he said


I love this verse so much because this is the promise and what I find myself clinging to this Easter Season. I love the thought that Jesus rose up from the grave and ascended in to Heaven just like that, which means that I will see Landry again. I will get to hold him for eternity. This year I have thought about Easter in a whole new light.

Not to say that this Easter is not hard because it does hurt and it will be hard for us. I have already shed tears when ordering Tyler's Easter outfit, because my boys would have been dressed similar, and I cried the other day when I got our Pottery Barn Kid's magazine with all the Easter baskets. I would have ordered the basket that matches Tyler's for Landry, and that all hurts.

At times like these I am reminded that Jesus suffered just like we are and in a way that is comforting to me. Jesus suffered so much and he did it all for the love of each and everyone of us. That thought alone gives me the courage to keep taking steps forward, at times I feel like I am taking several steps back, but I am moving slowly with my eye on the prize. Eternity with Christ and our littlest.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

I wanted to comment when you first posted the pictures of his stone - it's perfect. And the decorations are beautiful. I was getting out my Easter stuff today and I came across a few things I had bought for Adelyn. I also ended up with 2 Hello Kitty baskets and was going to use one for her, and also had two Hello Kitty buckets. I remember thinking - great, they won't fight over it. Sigh. It never ends.