Friday, April 29, 2011

Lucky

I was at the park the other day with Tyler and I was standing there watching him spin around on the Merry Go Round with so much joy in his face. There was another Mom standing close to me, and I assume she heard me say something to Tyler because all of the sudden she looked and me at said "Is he your only child"? My heart dropped because I truly hate when I'm asked that question. I softly said "yes". my heart ached when that word came out of my mouth, but we were at the park and there were a lot of families around so I decided I would not go in to our full story. All of the sudden she said, "You are so lucky! I have four kids and sometimes I wish I still had one". Really??!?!? Did those words just come out of her mouth in front of me. I just kind of shrugged and thankfully Tyler moved on to the swings because I did not want to be apart of that conversation any longer.
Lucky....... that word just struck me in such a hard way, because I would do anything to have a house full with our two boys and she is complaining because she has four kids.
I think if that Women knew my story and how I long for the day that I will be in Heaven with our littlest that she might not of called me lucky.
At moments like these when the word "lucky" that I only have one child on earth hits me to the core, I'm reminded daily of all the wonderful blessings in my life. A Heavenly Father that fills me with hope daily, a loving Husband, two beautiful Sons, a Rainbow Baby growing inside of me.... and the list could go on.
I may not think of myself as lucky but I do know that I am blessed and filled with hope.

No comments: