Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Eternity

Landry's Headstone was installed on Friday afternoon. We were able to go as a Family on Friday evening to see it for the first time. I was relieved when I heard it was delivered because I have been so ready to have a Headstone so I would not have to stare at the dirt anymore, but then on our way over there I started feeling anxious. What if it was not what we had envisioned and what if it does not memorialize everything about Landry....It is very hard to memorialize everything you want on one stone. When we first drove up and saw it, we were all silent. It really was beautiful but at the same time it was so painful. It all felt a little unfair again... I would rather have Landry here but all I get is a Headstone to remember him by. I know that sounds incredibly selfish of me, and I am sorry. However, it was everything that we had envisioned and more. Landry's plot feels complete which in a way makes my heart ache. The Headstone was our last item we we needed to honor and memorialize our littlest and now it is done. I guess I am not ready to be done doing things for Landry, but the more that I reflect on it, we do not have to be done. There is no limit to how much you can remember your precious Child in Heaven. We were able to do a front and back side on the stone since my parents bought the plot right behind Landry for his Rose Bush and Stone. The verse has been a favorite of mine since our littlest went to Heaven to see Jesus. Ryan designed the Rainbow and Balloons because those have become symbols of peace and comfort for us on our journey. The Headstone really is perfect, just like our Landry.


We love you and miss you always and forever, Our Littlest

5 comments:

Kim said...

It so beautiful, Holly. Reading the verse brought tears to my eyes...

Jen said...

So perfect Holly, but I can't imagine all the emotions you are feeling. We will always remember Landry and continue to celebrate all the good he continues to do. Praying for your heart sweet friend!

Sarah Erwin said...

It couldn't be more beautiful. I know it is the most unfair and awful thing to have to buy though...I've been praying a lot for you.
I love you four!

Jenn Pitts said...

What a beautiful memorial. Praying that God heaps His blessings upon your amazing family! Landry continues to touch so many lives.

KrystalK said...

The headstone is beautiful! <3 I love in the first picture there is an orb and a rainbow, very cool! I also love the cross shadow on the headstone in the other picture. I hope to someday create a headstone place for the tree we have growing for Stella, she was cremated so she rests on my dresser as of now. Many blessings to you and your family. ~Krystal