Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Tyler's Easter basket filled with all sorts goodies this year; Hero the Train, Cars, a Wii Mater's Tall Tales, Beginner's Bible, and Resurrection Eggs. I know I probably went a little over board considering that the true meaning of Easter is celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus, and how he conquered the grave so we could have life, and I truly want Tyler to understand the true meaning of Easter, but I also want to keep some of the Easter traditions around for a little longer.
Easter is not about the Easter Bunny and toys. I am thankful for the meaningful gifts that were added in, and we have already read some Bible Stories, and those moments touch my heart.
We had a beautiful Church Service yesterday and I found myself in tears several times through out the service. I was overcome with a sense of Thankfulness and awe. Jesus rose from the dead, and with that I was reminded that Landry's sweet body is not in his grave. Landry's soul was carried to Heaven by Jesus, who died and rose again on Easter to save us, all of us from death. I was also reminded that I will be reunited with our littlest one day and we will have Eternity together.
My heart heart ached for Landry when I put out Tyler's Easter basket and I did not have one for Landry. There were tears when I saw Tyler in his Easter outfit knowing there would be no Brother pictures, but I have the hope of the Resurrection to comfort me. Jesus has Risen! Oh Glorious Day.
I did get Tyler a special Reese's Egg in Honor of Reese Aleyna Lowell who celebrated 8 months in Heaven yesterday.





My boys testing out the new Wii video game.After Church we headed over to Ghee and Poppy's house for a yummy brunch and Tyler hunted eggs while we waited.




Where's the Candy?Easter Family pictureTyler with his Nana and Ghee




After everyone left yesterday afternoon we really enjoyed just being as a family. Tyler played with his cars for a while, I got caught up on blogs, and Ryan got to take a nap. After our family quiet time we played ball outside and then I decided to take Tyler to our local splash pad that we noticed was open on Saturday and earlier yesterday afternoon. However, they must have turned it off because when I got there with Tyler there was no more water. Therefore, he decided to play on the playground for a little while. When we got home we had dinner and then went for a nice walk/scooter ride.


Considering that Easter was a bittersweet day for us I really felt a sense of peace around me all day, and I think that came from the promise of Easter.

























1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Thank you for thinking of Reese. You brought tears to my eyes. Such a sweet, unexpected gift. I appreciate you so much!!