Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What Is It?



Tyler loves his Kindermusik class and every once and a while we have projects that we have to work on at home. There project for Today's class (which I forgot about until then Morning when my friend, Jen reminded me) was to make a bell. I had no clue when the Teacher mentioned this last week at class and I still had no clue when Jen reminded this Morning of how to make a bell. We will just say that Jen came up with her idea, and I kind of copied... I know how unoriginal of me. I will say for myself I don't really have a large creative bone in my body, sometimes I will surprise myself but not too often.

After we came home from playing this Morning I immediately went to work on Tyler's bell. I tried to get Tyler involved, which I thought he would be all over helping me since it involved Ryan's tool box and drill (don't worry, Ryan I put it all back where it belongs, and I did not ruin your drill) but he was not interested. I found a can from last nights dinner, cleaned it all out and then drilled/hammered a hole in the top of the can. I then found some ribbon and little washers and attached them to the string. I was kind of proud of myself when I finished, so I took it over to Tyler so he could try it out. We will just saw that he took the can from my hand and looked at it for a little bit before saying " What is it, Mommy"?

Well, I guess I better practice on my homemade crafts so the person that I am making it for knows what it is. The good news is after I showed him how it works I have heard the jangling of my homemade bell, occasionally around the house. We will see how well it works in class today.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I got the same reaction from Avery and Luke! I thought it was a good idea on a crunch- turns out they played with them all night :)