Friday, February 1, 2008

Mommy Time



I have coined Ty's bed time as "Mommy time". Usually my Thursday night is spent watching Grey's Anatomy but since the writers strike I have not had a Grey's night in a while. I will admit I miss Mc Dreamy and Mc Steamy. However, Ryan was happy because Lost finally came back on. So he spent last night playing catch up with Lost. Since I don't watch that show I decided to go get in bed and start reading the next book for my book club. Yes. I am in a book club. We meet about once a month to eat and discuss the book chosen for that particular month. This book club really talks about the book. I was in one where it was a social time. I am on my third book with the club, and I think I have finally found one that I like. We are reading The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan. The person who hosts the book club for the month gets to pick the book. I think I am next? Not sure. I have already started looking, but have not found one yet.


I sat in bed and read for 3 hours. I love it! It really was a great night. I decided I need to do that more often. Other books we have read: The Evening by Susan Minot and Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers


However, Ty did start crying at Midnight which he has not done in while. So, I walked in and could tell he had a bubble. Sure enough a LOUD burp came out! He took a deep breath after that burp. Poor thing. Also to find out he had leaked through his diaper. He was soaked. Well, Ty loves his changing table so when I layed him down to change him his legs started kicking and his mouth was open ready to talk. I quickly turned on his bed- time music and put the pacifier back in his mouth. I was not about to have a 12 am party with Ty. After I got him all cleaned up and put him in to bed, he was still not ready to go back to sleep so I did sneak in a little cuddle time with him. I don't do it that often, but last night I just wanted to love on him. He finally went down. He really has been doing a great job at night. I have stared putting the monitor on low and he has a crib full of pacifiers to choose from. I love when I go and get him the next morning and he has a different pacifier in his mouth!

No comments: