Friday, February 22, 2008

New Jeep Stroller

It is hard to tell what he thinks about this?
Ryan finally put together Ty's new Jeep umbrella stroller that was given to us by Ty's Great Aunt Chris whom lives in San Diego. It has been sitting in our garage since June. It is so light and easy to put away. I think he likes it? We have not been able to walk since Wednesday, but it is supposed to be nice this weekend. Ty loves taking walks. He is very still and just stares at everything around him.

Well, Ty went and voted with me for the first time yesterday. He was a little too young, but he sat in his car seat while I voted. Everyone in there thought he was so cute and they just loved those blue eyes and long eyelashes. He is a cutie. I always feel so much better after I vote. Early voting is the way to go!

Only one more week until my Mom/Ghee arrives. We are very excited. My Mom keeps telling me she can't wait to see Tyler. Kids take the back seat when a Grandchild is born. I don't mind. That means this weekend we need to get our house and yard in order. It is a good thing that Sara's shower is not at our house next weekend. We reserved our Club House for Sara's baby shower. And we are getting Stephen and Whitney King to cater. However, I think all the guys will be at our house playing Horse Shoes. We are going to go to Lowes or Home Depot sometime this weekend and get some flowers to put on the porch. I have a Junior League Wine and Cheese social tomorrow with all the new members of the league. So, I will get out of cleaning for a little while.

I had something really exciting happen to me today. The President of Junior League asked me to attend a AJLI conference in Fort Worth March 28-30. The conference is called: Organizational Development Institutes (ODIs). ODIs are a series of educational training meetings held over the course of AJLI's trainings and meetings calendar year. Over the years, ODIs have demonstrated their effectiveness as informative, inspiring and innovative three-day weekend training programs. It is really a big honor to be invited to the conference. Only 4 girls from the Bell County division get invited to go each year! WOW! The league pays for everthing. I am very excited about this opportunity. Pam and Stacie are also going. They are two of my close friends. This came at a perfect time, because I am looking to run for a VP position next year. Divine Desserts has really opened a lot of doors for me and made me comfortable with being in charge of something. I will be posting the invitation that we created as soon as I can get it scanned. Invitations have been out for a while. We had a huge invitation work shop the first weekend in February.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats on the Junior League thing!! That is so wonderful and exciting! Speaking of excitement...Daisy chased a skunk down the street and now she smells like pepe le pew!!! So she will be living in the garage :) Gross huh!

Heather B. said...

Kendall has that exact stroller except it is in PINK!!!! She loves it, as do I. Ty is getting so big!!! He is precious!!!!