Monday, February 18, 2008

Presidents Day

Tyler! Still Cute.
Ryan's cartoon for his A&M research topic.
Well, we have had a very productive Monday. I know for a fact that Ty and I have have enjoyed having Ryan home. Ryan spent most of his morning working on his research topic for his A&M Doctoral interview on Wednesday morning. So, he thought it would be funny if I added a picture of one of the cartoons he is using. Ryan has to give a formal presentation of approximately 8-10 minutes. He had a couple of topics to choose from. He was going to do the pros and cons of educational testing but the two other Principals that are interviewing the same day and Ryan knows are doing that one too, so Ryan decided to pick the management of technology in an educational setting. My Brainy husband! I am so proud of him. This truly is a very exciting time for him. We might all be calling him Dr. Steele very soon. Please keep him in your prayers on Wednesday for safe travels and a wonderful interview.
I got to sneak away this morning and see Stephen and Whitney king's new baby girl. Sadie was born on January 21. She was 3 weeks early. However, she is a beautiful and healthy girl. There is a picture of me holding her. I grew up with Stephen and his wife Whitney is in Junior League with me and we have become close friends. She is one of my Committee members for Divine Desserts. Stephen is a wonderful chef and does a lot of catering now so he is going to do some wonderful desserts/pastries for the event! They are a wonderful couple and I have enjoyed getting to see Stephen again. When I came home both Ty and Ryan were asleep on the sofa. It was so cute. I took a picture but Ryan erased it! Oh, I was so mad!
Ryan is now playing frisbee golf before he has to go up to Westphalia later on this afternoon for a parent information meeting about the new Westphalia ISD first ever track team. As if Ryan does not do enough already he has decided to take on the role as Track Coach! They will practice everyday after school at Rosebud Lott. There first track meet is March 7! My husband the man with many hats. I can't complain because he loves what he does and the students and the school are a better place because of him. As if you can't tell I am very proud of Ryan.
Well, my boy is fighting his afternoon nap! He was doing so well with both naps there for a while and today he is testing me. I have learned that you can't become too comfortable because they will change! I will get him back on! I am a little stressed about it right now, but writing is helping me to relax. He did it! He finally put himself to sleep. Maybe it is Ryan being home??!? Tyler was eating his oatmel this morning and Ryan walked out of the room and Tyler stared smiling so big. Oh boy my Daddy is still here! YES!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh Tyler's two front teeth are really coming in!!! And that baby has sooo much hair, precious! My sweet pea is still a baldy, but it is starting to come in. Can't wait to see you soon! Love you!