Saturday, April 12, 2008

It's back!

This picture was taken today. He seems OK.
After 2 1/2 weeks I finally got my var back late yesterday afternoon. We are free to roam around the town at last! I drove it home yesterday and it drove great.
However, I am not sure if we will be roaming anywhere today. Tyler went down great last night like he normally does, but he was really restless while he was sleeping. Finally around 10pm he starts crying, so I go in to check on him and he was burning up. We took his temperature and he low grade fever, so I gave him some baby Tylenol and rocked him for a little bit. He went down until 4:45am and woke up again. He did not feel that hot to me anymore, so I checked his diaper and rocked a little bit more. Then he started grunting and pulling up his legs! Gas. Ty has gas problems occasionally, so I am always giving him Mylicon gas drops. I give him some every night. That stuff is like liquid gold at our house. Ty went back down until a little after 7am. This is his normal wake up time. Ryan was about to leave to go to work, so I took Ty in our bedroom to see him, Ryan mentioned he still felt hot. I took his temperature again and he did not have one. However, he felt warm to me too, I have the ear thermometer and one that I put under the arm they both give me different readings. Very frustrating. However, they were both close to the 98.6 range, so that is not too bad. So I gave him more Baby Tylenol and he slept for 2 1/2 hours this morning. Ty does that occasionally. Actually he has done that twice this week. He woke up up happy and ready to eat. He started getting a little fussy after a while but nothing unusual. He has been sucking on his fingers a lot, but he always does that. Maybe there is another tooth coming in. I heard today from a good friend of mine that teething can cause a low grade fever.
When I went to put him down for his afternoon he cried for 10 minutes. He has not done that in a very long, so I checked to see if he had to burp, and nothing. I laid him back down and he started screaming when he saw me walk away. Needless to say I rocked him for a while, and put him back down. The screaming started again. What? Well, then I started crying, because I did not know what was wrong. He finally went down after I rocked him. That is just strange because I don't ever have to do that. I wonder if he misses Ryan? He really has not seen much of him in the past 2 days. Well, keep Mr. Ty in your thoughts and prayers. I have been praying over him all day. I am worn out.

2 comments:

Heather B. said...

I am so sorry he doesn't feel good. It totally stinks when they are like that! Suggestion, try Gripe Water for his gas. You can get it at the Health Food store here in town! I swear by that stuff! Seperation Anxiety is starting at your house. It is in full swing at mine! It can drive a Mama mad, I tell ya!!! Glad you got your car back!

Lauren said...

oh poor thing! I hope he feels better! It is so hard when they are fussy and you don't know why! Miss thing over here is about to run us out of house and home in diapers and wipes! I filled up the diaper genie thing in 2 days! YIKES
Glad your car is back!!! Now you can go all over town :) Miss you guys!