Thursday, February 24, 2011

7 Months Ago


Dear Landry,


7 months ago, today you became my Son and from the first moment that I heard your cry and saw your face I knew you were going to change lives because you had changed mine. The first time that your Daddy put you in my arms I had no idea that I would not get to hold you in my arms forever. As your Mommy I wanted to protect and keep you safe and it broke my heart more than you will ever know when I knew that I was not going to get to keep you close and safe to me forever. However, because of you and courageous fight you have shaped and molded me in to the person I am today. What a blessing it is to call you my Son. Your short time here on earth has touched and changed so many lives. I am so proud of you, Landry. Everyday I still ache for you but I will praise the One that chose me to carry you.


I love you, my littlest.


Mommy

1 comment:

Kristen McGuire said...

Oh Holly....what a beautiful letter to precious Landry. The way he looks at you in that picture....I can't even describe in words....
Thinking of you and Landry tonight.....