Thursday, February 17, 2011

Soccer Mom

Indoor Soccer Mom that is. I got Tyler signed up for this adventure on Tuesday afternoon. Ever since I became the Mom of Boy's, soccer was the first sport that came to mind.
Therefore, when I found out last week that there was a indoor soccer teams for 3 year old kids I immediately talked to Ryan and we decided we would try it, so I wasted no time in calling. I had always been told they could not start until they were four. We are getting closer to that but we will start with indoor in April and then we will sign up for the fall league. Well, I guess we will see how much Tyler likes it. Tyler has always been our outdoor sports boys so hopefully he will love it. Thankfully, he will have some friends on his team. Tyler will have games every Saturday during the month of April.
Growing up Soccer was always a big part of life. Please keep in mind that I was not playing... because Ryan will be the first to tell you that I am not that athletic. If you ever spotted a girl jumping rope in Athletics on the side lines, that was me. To this day I wonder why I made the Athletic team because I never made any of the sport teams?!?!
Anyway, my Brother played soccer for the time I can remember and our weekends would be spent at out town tournaments and to this days those are some of my favorite childhood memories. On Tuesday after I got off the phone with the City a huge rush of pride came over me as I realized our, Tyler Justin with be following in his Uncle Justin's Footsteps. My heart felt so happy at that moment.
Sure Tyler may not love it but at least he will have the opportunity to play and I am already planning a Soccer Mom shirt... yes, I am one of those Mom's but I am ok with that. Let's go, Tyler.

4 comments:

Heather B. said...

I am so excited! I am going to sign kendall up today!!! They told me closer to the last day of registration I can call and get Kendall and Tyler on the same team!!! yAY!!!!!!!!

Sarah Erwin said...

Wear that "Tyler's Mommy" shirt with pride. You'll rock it. =)

Mary Beth said...

so cool! Can't wait to hear how he likes it!

The Mills Family said...

Holly, can you tell me who this is through. I have a 3 year old that would love to play something. I thought he was still to young.