Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Snow

of the year.....
I loved this picture of our house... I also posted this for Kelly so she would not have to do a Google Earth search on our house. :) HA!















Last Friday we had our first snow of the season. I am sure it will be our last but you never know.... It started falling Thursday evening after Tyler was asleep and I remember staring out the window with a broken heart. My thoughts immediately turned to Landry as this would have been have been his first snow... who knew that snow would be another "first" we would have to tackle. The rest of the evening was spent staring out the window missing and longing to have our littlest with us for fun pictures in the snow. I was thankful for Tyler's excitement as he saw the snow outside.... we were outside before 8 am. Tyler ran and jumped with a big smile on his face for a long time. We even enjoyed some friendly snow ball fights. Ryan was home for the morning, because school was canceled! We did drive over to Landry's grave site to see it covered with its first snow. Beautiful and heartbreaking pictures to take.
Well, I guess I better mention that I was a little irritated by the snow because I did not want it to affect my travel plans to Brady. I prayed the whole morning and thankfully as we were leaving Landry's grave the sun started shining so brightly. I shouted out load. Thank you for Sun, God and keep it up. Needless to say the snow did not keep me away from my Hope Mommies. I left earlier than scheduled and it took a little longer but so worth it. The roads were really clear once I was out of Killeen. The weather was not going to stop our Hope and Joy filled weekend "Jesus Bring the snow" :)







2 comments:

Kelly said...

You are such a brat! But thanks! You're house is so cute! Miss you!

Sarah Erwin said...

Hol, I love everything about your heart. Jesus BRING THAT SNOW!
PS I think you live in the cutest house ever.