Thursday, February 10, 2011

Landry's Legacy


I was inspired by my close friend, MaryBeth who started "Running For Reese" you will find her inspiring blog on my (Blog Roll). Needless to say she inspired all of us Hope Mommies to run for our babies in Heaven. I started thinking about this for a while but then the word running came to my mind and it has never left my mind or heart. I thought about how hard Landry fought while he was here on earth and I felt the urge to find some way to show Landry that I am so proud of him and running is completely out of my comfort zone..... I will run as far and long as I can for my littlest.

Once I said I was going to run God has opened some doors. I will be running in the Children's Miracle Network annual St. Patrick Day 5k/10K/Fun Run. The Junior League of Bell County is the sponsor of this event and it will also include our Annual Kids In the Kitchen event, so kids will not want to miss out on this fun day.

Today God put it on my heart to create a team, Landry's Legacy. Our goal is to get 43 (hours representing Landry's time on earth) runner/walkers on our team. We have set a goal of $1075. All the proceeds for this event with benefit the Scott and White Children's Hospital. If you would like to register and run/walk with us on Saturday, March 12, 2011 please click on the following site to register or donate for this event. http://stpatricksrun.sw.org/

Please click on "join a team" Landry's Legacy and you will be all set to join us on this amazing day. Ryan will be designing a separate shirt for this event so Landry's Legacy stands out. I can't wait to see what else God has in store for this event.

6 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

YEAH for Landry's Legacy! This is so exciting, Holly!! I love that so many of you are running for your sweet ones. I'll be cheering you all the way!! Missing you, friend. :)

Jen said...

so exciting! glad this is all coming together. You know I am here to help in whatever way you need :)

Crystal Hammond said...

Yay Holly!!! Love this idea!!

Heather B. said...

YaY! Im signing up and starting my running today!!! Can't wait to do this for your sweet sweet boy!!! Love you dearly!!!!

Sarah Erwin said...

Can't wait to run. Oh wait..scratch that. I can't wait for the girl time and retail therapy. =)
Look at Landry's Legacy...such an amazing thing. <3

Linda said...

Did some one say "retail therapy"? That'w what I'm talking about...I will be a part of Landry's Legacy...but at a much slower pace I'm sure....