Monday, February 21, 2011

Healthy

Today was President's Day so that meant a school Holiday for Tyler. Ryan still had school today, but today was Parent/Teacher conferences at Ty's school. We had our meeting at 9:15 and of course Tyler decided to turn very shy as soon as we pulled up even thought I kept telling him I was not leaving him. That mood surprised me because he loves his school so much and always asks me every morning when he wakes if he is going to school today. I guess he wanted to be with me all day, which I love our time together.
I truly love everything about Ty's school and I have been so appreciative to Tyler's teachers. Needless to say I worried about Ty started school in August due to everything that he had been through.
Mrs. McRae said only positive things things about Ty and that he has really done very well considering the turmoil he endured at the end of this Summer. At the end of the conference she asked me how I was doing, and I really thought about reaching over and giving her a big hug. That meant the world me and we got to talking about Tyler and how he loves to role play a lot and call Heaven and bring me Landry to hold and she looked at me and said, that is a very healthy behavior. She commented that little kids are very resilient and they can bounce back very easily. I truly needed this conference for my own sense of peace about Tyler. I am so proud of our biggest and I am so thankful for the wonderful school that we have Ty enrolled in, 3 days a week. I am amazed at how independent he is on most mornings when I walk him in, Ty will head down his hall way and go straight in to class with out ever looking back. I am so thankful for today and the reassurance that Tyler is going well and that all of his behavior when it comes to his little brother is healthy and what he needs at this moment.
After our conference we headed home to pack a picnic for a picnic at the park. So thankful for a beautiful day with my biggest.

No comments: