Monday, February 21, 2011

Brokenhearted

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18

I am amazed when I am actually am alone with God how much I meditate on this verse and I find so much hope in these words. This evening when I was fianlly able to get out and run (remind me to never take the weekend because today was brutal) I kept thinking of everything and everyone that God has brought in to my life during this painful journey I have had to walk and now run for almost 7 months. Honestly, with all tears that have fallen from my face over the months I love that heartfelt smiles and laughter always follow and sometimes they last for while and at time out weigh the tears.
The greatest reward is that Gods hands are big enough and strong enough to hold me and my future no matter what happens. Thank you God for being able to handle everything I throw at you at these days. I know that the love you have for me is so deep and so wide.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love your heart! hugs dear friend!