Thursday, March 24, 2011

8 Months Filled With Hope


This song is truly a blessing to me at this moment.

I was reading Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman. I love this book and can read and re read over and over. This story captured my heart and their journey is one of deep heart ache but they choose to see everything as Gods plan for their life and story. It is truly a beautiful testimony.
Last night as I was reading the words to a song written by Steven Curtis Chpman called "With Hope" tears immediately filled my eyes as I remembered 8 months ago today when my water broke and we were finally going to meet our second son, Landry James.
My plans, hopes, and dreams that I had for Landry were beginning, but we would find out a few hours after Landry blessed our lives that God had already chosen a place for him in Heaven. Hearing those words is not what we had planned for our littlest.
So thankful we were able to create memories with Landry for the 43 hours he was in our life. I knew his cry and I can still hear that cry today, I knew the sound of his breathing, and it was the most beautiful sound. We will never know his smile or laugh and we will never see him sitting up, crawling, or walking... all of those first milestones we will never see.
However, today as we remember our littlest we are filled with hope in knowing that we will see Landry again. We cry, ache, and let go of Landry with HOPE.

I will love you always and for ever my littlest.

2 comments:

Crystal Hammond said...

Beautiful & perfect
Love you friend.

Jen said...

Love you! This is just beautiful. You all are in my prayers.