Thursday, March 17, 2011

Awards and Balloons

At the end of a successful race Scott and White held a Awards Ceremony. Jennifer Williams, Chair of the event for Scott and White contacted me a few weeks ago and wanted Landry's picture to be on the plaques this year since he was a big part of the event. I had tears in my eyes as I shared the news with Ryan and we chose a couple of favorite pictures and as you can tell they picked the most perfect and fitting picture for a beautiful and meaningful plaque.
Well, I was not expecting to be receiving two of the awards: Top Fundraiser and Top Fundraising Team. These beautiful plaques with Landry's feet are now at our house and I smile every time I see them. These beautiful gifts would not have been possible with out all of our participants and generous donations from others. I am still amazed by Landry, and the love that others have for us. Our lives truly have been touched and changed forever all because of ONE little boy. I know with time my heart will slowly heal but I will forever be changed because because of Landry, and I love that thought.
Another moment that took my breath away was when I saw tons of friends and family walking out of a van holding blue balloons..... 43 balloons to be correct. Kara Smith, a friend that came with Sarah arranged this balloon release for us because she knows how important that are to me. Let me start by saying that Kara is not from Temple and I had never met her until the day of the race (you will hear about her in a earlier post) arranged for balloons to be delivered to the race site and everyone was able to write a sweet note for Landry. On Sunday afternoon when Ryan I were talking about the race we both had tears in eye when we talked about the 43 balloons and the kindness of strangers. We were both amazed by the love that Kara displayed and what a big heart she has. Thank you Kara, for remembering how important balloons are to us and for arranging a beautiful moment that will live in my heart forever.
The whole weekend touched our hearts in so many amazing ways. Gods unending love is truly amazing and we will be forever grateful for his Love, Grace, and Mercy.







The only picture I got of our family.
One of my favorite pictures. The true love of a friend.

I guess I should mention that Ryan had class on Saturday at College Station but he told his professor about Landry and Ryan was able to get out of class so he could be with us on this amazing day. Thank you, Ryan. We love you.




No comments: