Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hope Is My Calling

God put this race on my heart and I am truly amazed at how it grew to became so abundant and full of Gods love and grace for us. Nearly 8 months ago God broke our hearts and we were left with a emptiness that we did not know what to do with, but from our broken hearts and the amazing love of a great God we have found the most amazing hope and joy and for that I am so thankful for my broken heart. As a Mom of a Hope Baby I will always search for ways to honor and remember our beautiful son that left our arms too quickly. I had several amazing moments the day of the race but one of them was when I saw my fellow Hope Mommy, Sarah from Snyder. I squealed when I saw her for the first time and we hugged for a long time. When you loose a child you feel very alone and afraid that no one will ever truly understand what we are going through. I feel a special bond with Sarah, because we both carried precious boys and had to give them to Jesus too soon. Landry and Holden with be best friends for Eternity. I love Sarah and her heart and I was beyond thrilled with spending a weekend with her and some of her amazing West Texas, friends.
We are still in awe of the outpouring of strangers that came to honor Landry and his Legacy. Sarah, had so many amazing friends that have read my blog and have been following our journey and were so touched by Landry that they drove to Temple so they could find some way to honor him. The love that these women showed was truly humbling and it made me want to challenge myself more when it comes to the love of strangers and going out of my way to show love to others in need. Thank you, Thank you, Kara (who brought her Mom; Karen, little girl; Jordan and precious baby boy; Jax, Leslie, Crystal, Charys, and Karli for truly being a blessing in my life and I am so honored to call you all my friends.
My blog will never be able to sum up everything about our amazing weekend but Gods love and faithfulness was everywhere and it was truly breathtaking.
My goal for Landry's Legacy was 43 participants and I was blessed with 103 participants! My fundraising goal for Landry's Legacy was $4300 and I was blessed with over $7,000 all donated to the new Children's Hospital at Scott and White. Trying to get a group picture. I wish I had all 103 participants in this shot.
Me, Pam, and Jen. Truly blessed by their friendship


Sarah, Me, Jen, and leslie (Leslie came in from Lubbock and even won 2nd in the 10k, for her age bracket

Amazing West Texas Girls!! Leslie, Sarah, Kara, Me, and CrystalSome of the greatest Women around. God has blessed me with so many special friends.

Me and Ryan with my Parents and my Aunt Mary Grace and Cousin, Lacie. Thank you for coming and remembering our precious Landry with us.
Ryan and I were so grateful to have his parents in town and two of Sisters with their families. Landry has a amazing family.
I truly wish I had more pictures of everyone. Next year I am going to find someone to just come and take pictures of our team.





1 comment:

The Smiths said...

Holly it was a true blessing for us to get to come and be a part of Landry's Legacy. Sweet Landry has touched our hearts and lives in such a big way, I love him!! Thank you for having us for dinner and all your accommodations for the weekend! You have such a beautiful family, ALL of them! I enjoyed meeting your sweet parents, what a wonderful blessing they are! Thank you again for letting us be a part of Landry's story, he is such an amazing little guy and he brings so much joy to my heart. *hugs*

Love,
Kara