Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Somedays

Since we missed the official First Day of Spring we decided to celebrate it yesterday. Thankful for a power outage in our neighborhood yesterday that lead us to get a Artic Rush from Dairy Queen. I have never been one to frequent DQ that often until I realized they have "Happy Hour" from 2-5 pm daily and all drinks are 79 cents!! I still love a Sonic Happy Hour, but DQ is a lot closer to us.
When we got home we spent the afternoon playing in the backyard and Tyler decided to be a fireman and but out fires in our backyard. Truly a beautiful afternoon for drinks and fires.






I wish our today was like our yesterday... Unfortunately our today was filled with a little boy that was testing the waters, time outs, spankings, and tears. I truly hate this part of my job but Tyler needs to learn what is right and wrong behavior.
The final fight was when we had to leave Kindermusik because Tyler was being very disruptive and crawling on the floor screaming. I just wanted to burst out in tears at the moment when I had to drag him out of class. Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.


6 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, Holly! Isn't this the craziest age? They are so sweet and cute and fun, but when they are bad, they are bad! I know how you feel, girl. Ashton is a sassy one some days. Hope you guys have a better day tomorrow. Love you

Jen said...

I love the fireman pics!!!

I was amazed how calm you were today- so you didn't show that you were about to cry one bit. Hang in there- you are a WONDERFUL mom to both your boys. Love you- big hugs to you!!!

Heather B. said...

Kendall & I go thru the same things daily! It drives me crazy! Hoping for a better day tomorrow for yall!!!

Mary Beth and Travis said...

I HATE those moments!!!! I think the sweet moments outweigh them though. :) Ty is so precious!!!

Holly Steele said...

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement,sweet friends.
So thankful that the sweet moments outweigh those very tough moments.

Cindy said...

That is the second cutest fireman I've seen today! (Chad being first)

You are such a great Mommy. Parenting is hard. But I know you have what it takes...and that's God's strength and devotion to Him.