Thursday, March 17, 2011

Full Of Hope

The Morning of the St- Patrick's Day Race started at 6:00am for me because I had two hats to wear that day. First; JL Volunteer and second; Landry's Legacy Team Captain. The Morning was very windy but we were not going to let that put a damper on our day. Once the sun came out and the parking lot was filling up with participants my heart felt so much joy because in the sea of people I could spot Landry Legacy t-shirts everywhere and my heart was pouring over with so much love and gratitude for our amazing and friends and family who came out to support us and remember Landry. The whole Morning was so amazing and tears were always close to the surface as I was blown away by the kindness of friends, family, and strangers.
I had the opportunity to talk to talk to Lesli Cearly; Director of Development, Children's Hospital and Director of the Children's Miracle Network. She gave me a big hug and told me that she has been wanting this St-Patrick's Race to become big in some way and I helped make it something she had always envisioned. Blessed, Honored, and Humbled. I will have to do the posts in stages as we have so many pictures. I guess the downside of this event was that I did not have the opportunity to see and hug all of our teammates. The park was filled with numerous participants and it was spread out so it was very hard to see everyone.
Thank you to all of our Landry Legacy teammates. We truly appreciate you all more than you will ever know and thank you will never be enough. You filled our Morning with so much hope and joy as we look towards our future. Thank you to everyone who donated to Landry's Legacy. We are also grateful for all the kind words and prayers that many prayed over us during this remarkable journey and event. You all were on our hearts that morning. We appreciate you loving Landry and allowing us to remember his Legacy in such a special way.
Amy with Jackson and Kateyln
Katie, Kristy, Ry, Jill, and Hallie


Whitney, Zoe, Lindsay, KC, and Hudson

Charys, Cohen, Karli, Crystal, and Landry. Chary's and Karli drove in from Brady that Morning so they could participate. Crystal and Landry came in from Abilene. So amazed by their love and for driving in just to help us honor Landry. Blessed!

Twins- Brooke and Olivia participated in their first 5k.

Jennifer and Kalyn

My Fellow Hope Mommy, Sarah.
Jen and Avery


Aunt Shana, Tyler, and Joe.
Our biggest ran the whole 5k in honor and memory of his little Brother, Landry. Ryan kept telling me how proud of Tyler he was that he lasted the whole walk, run. This picture brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. So amazed by Tyler and his heart. He truly is a outstanding Big Brother.









1 comment:

Cindy said...

Love the pic of Tyler running. What an incredible little guy! So proud of you and Ryan. Hugs.