Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Growing Up

My Dad took Tyler with him this afternoon to look at a couple of the job sites. Any outing with Poppy is so wonderful and exciting in Tyler's eyes. He loves Poppy's truck, and he really loves when he has a trailer attached, like it did this afternoon. I am sure Poppy did not plan on taking Tyler with him today, but Ty was in tears when my Dad was getting ready to leave our house this afternoon so my Dad being the sweet Poppy that he is asked Tyler if wanted to come work with him, well the tears immediately stopped and he had the biggest smile on his face. Tyler ran to Poppy's truck and he looked at me and said "I am going with Poppy, and I am not coming back." Thankfully, Tyler came home.....
When did my Mama's Boy get to be so big. It was no long ago that Tyler would never go anywhere unless I was with him, and if I did have to leave him he would cry for me to stay. My heart broke after he left, because he is growing up so fast and I just wish it would slow down. My heart was aching for Landry after he left because he would still need me.
During bed time tonight Ty told me that he cried last night when he was getting ready for bed because he wanted me home (I was at a meeting last night). My heart needed to hear that and I held on to him extra tight tonight as we were reading stories and saying our prayers. I truly love our biggest and I am so proud of him, but part of me still wants him to be small for a little while longer. My hope and prayer for tonight is that we will have a house full of children that need their Mommy and Daddy to love, care, and protect them.
Oh, thank you Poppy for making Tyler's day. He talked about his time with you all night and he loved eating dinner with you and Ghee at your lunch place. (Bush's Chicken) :)

No comments: