Saturday, March 19, 2011

Zoo Trip

The weather has been absolutely amazing here the past few days so we decided to hit the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco yesterday Morning. We met up with two other families and all the boys had a blast. Thank you to the Lanham's and Kessler's for a fun Morning at the Zoo and a crazy lunch at Mcalister's.
Tyler was a little unsure at first but it did not take him long at all to warm up to all the Animals and he loved the Lions and Tigers. He also loved all the fun areas.. that might have been his favorite, too. The smile and laughter that filled Tyler's voice and face was priceless and truly a beautiful gift from God.
It was truly a wonderful time as a family. We are trying to soak up the next two days before it is back to reality on Monday. I think it is safe to say that this has been my favorite Spring Break to date and a week filled with so much peace. I think my heart was in need of this week. The crew: Jack, Luke, Noah, Andrew, and Tyler






My heart did ache for bit because I let my mind wander just a little. On the drive to Waco yesterday Morning I started reflecting on the last time we were at Zoo and it was last Spring Break when I pregnant with Landry. I was with a large group of girlfriends and we took a group picture of all the kids (I went back and the found post) together and I stated it is crazy to think we will adding another blessing to this bunch. So in a way our trip to the Zoo was another " first" our family had to tackle. I did find myself wondering what Landry would have thought of his first trip to the Zoo....
On a side note a sweet Women stopped me and asked me if I was Holly and I said yes, and she reaches over to give me a big hug as she tells me she reads my blog and prayers for us. I was touched by her sweet words... once again blown away by the kindness of strangers. When she walked away, Ryan looked at me and I started laughing and told him, I am famous... HA!
Thank you for reading my blog and reaching out to me in such a special way. So thankful for the beautiful and honest love of strangers. Gods love is faithful, abundant, and true.








1 comment:

Crystal Hammond said...

You are famous!!! Can I have your autograph????