Sunday, March 13, 2011

News Story

Scott and White Hospital had been in touch with me about doing a News Story on Landry and his amazing Legacy. I felt honored and I told them I would love to share to Landry's story and our journey with others. On Friday Morning around 8:45 am I received a call from a Reporter with Fox 44 News in Waco. She asked if I would be willing to meet with her that morning for a interview. I told her it was perfect because I scheduled for a JL Kids In The Kitchen interview at 11:45, but at another station. Katelin, told me what she would like from me, like pictures or a CD and then she also wanted another friend that was participating on our team with us, and I knew immediately who it would be, now I just had to hope that she would yes.... Thank you, Jen for dropping everything on Friday Morning and coming to Waco with me, it was a very last minute invite which meant we had to scramble to get there by 10:30 am. I am so thankful for Landry and the relationship that was formed. Jen, is one of the friends that has never left my side for one minute and encourages me daily. I love you so much, sweet friend.
We arrived in Waco and I was very impressed with our Reporter, Katelin. You could tell that she had read my blog because she knew all about me and the journey that lead us to form Landry's Legacy.
It felt so right sharing Landry with others and also be able share the huge amount of love and respect we have for Scott and White, and the amazing Doctors and Nurses that made such a horrible and heartbreaking experience a little better by going above and beyond for us. Scott and White is the only home that Landry knew so for me it will always have a special place in my heart. I welcomed and good-bye to Landry at that Hospital so I will always have a strong desire to want to give back to Scott and White and the Children's Hospital.
There is a video to the story so I will be calling the station tomorrow Morning to receive a copy. It was so amzing to be able to share Landry in such a special way. I love talking about our littlest and the huge impact he has made in our community.


Infant dies, family thanks hospital for support and comfort

By Katelin Kelly - Reporter
Friday, March 11, 2011 - 5:27pm

Landry James Steele was born July 24, 2010, and died two days later from a bleed in his brain. His mom, Holly Steele, says those were the hardest days of her life, but Scott and White Hospital in Temple provided comfort. She says, "They just treated Landry with so much love, and they fought for him so hard, and they wanted a different outcome just as we did."

The hospital even brought in a photographer to capture Landry's final hours. Steele says that was a blessing, and thanks the Scott and White for taking the pictures when that's something she would not have thought about during that difficult time.

Steele started a group called "Landry's Legacy," that will participate in the St. Patrick's Day walk tomorrow, to raise money for the new Scott and White Children's Hospital.

Jen Cabaniss, a friend of the family, is participating in the walk to show her support. She says "we wanted to be able to support the children's hospital where he spent his time, and they did bless him so much, and their family so much, that it's just a pleasure to raise money for them in honor of Landry too."

The walk begins tomorrow at 8:00 am, at Pepper Creek Trail, in Temple. You must sign up Friday night by 11:45 pm to participate, at

2 comments:

Jen said...

"my pleasure" sweet friend! I was so honored to be there with you :) love you!!!

Cindy said...

Holly, thanks so much for the way you continue to share your journey and support the NICU. Hugs.