Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring

We survived our first Morning of back to work and back to school. Tyler was really excited about getting his uniform on and he rushed to get his back pack when it was time to head to the car. Once at school Tyler walked right in and never looked back. I was able to make it back to the gym, since I decided to take the week of Spring Break off. It felt so good but I have a feeling I will be a little sore tomorrow.
I was settling back into my Monday Morning routine and headed home after the gym to take care of some chores and housework, but when I opened the door to our house my heart sank as it was just me again. I walked in and went right to work with what needed to get accomplished and as I was walking through the living room a spotted a young Mom pushing a baby boy in a stroller and I immediately fell on the couch and wept out loud for what felt like hours. It still amazes me how grief can you hit you so hard at times. I never had the opportunity to put Landry in a car seat let alone a stroller.... as I sat with tears streaming down my face and a aching heart for our littlest I was hit with the reminder that God is close to the brokenhearted and he will not forsake me at this moment of aching arms to be pushing a stroller.
Tears and aching arms is all apart of the road I am traveling at this moment, but I do believe that the longer I walk on this journey of grief that there will be a day when my arms will once again be filled with a new hope and love. I cling to the fact that God has amazing plans for our future.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments: