Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Looking Forward To The End

My Wednesday Morning Bible Study started a new study today:
Putting On A Gentle And Quiet Spirit
By: Elizabeth George. The Study is based on 1 Peter.

1 Peter 1:3-9
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith -the salvation of your souls.

This verse has really stuck with me today as tomorrow is Landry's 8 month Birthday. The months seem to be going faster and faster for me.... not sure how I feel about that at times.
The verse above shouts out Gods faithfulness to the very end, and I love that God promises his Children that suffer great glory. What a beautiful thought that I find myself clinging to today.
As much as I wish that suffering was not a fact of life, it is and at some point we are all going to face trials and suffer. Over the past few months I have questioned this suffering but I have also experienced great joys in my trials and suffering. I have learned to look forward to the end and count on great glory afterwards.

2 comments:

Jen said...

thank you for sharing this. such a beautiful post. I love your heart!

Ghee and Poppy said...

WOW !!!