Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Crazy Texas Weather

We had another bad storm come through the area very early this morning and this time it up rooted the big tree in the front of our house. We are very thankful that it collapsed in the opposite direction of our house, because if it went the other way it would have landed on Ryan's truck. I am sad because that was the tree that we used for Ty's swing. I guess we will have to find another big tree.
Ryan also mentioned that Westphalia ISD had some damage, so I am waiting for him to send me some pictures. My Mom saw pictures on the news this morning, but I was busy getting Ty ready for a nap. Salado was hit by a tornado and had a lot of damage. My good friend Stacie lives in Salado and I spoke with her today. Thank goodness everything close to her and her husbands restaurant were safe.
Now I must contact a tree service and see about getting rid of our tree. Hopefully we will be storm clear for a while.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

How crazy!!! SO glad that the tree didn't hit your house or the garage!!! What crazy weather!! Was the tree struck by lightning or did the wind knock it down? The weather is crazy here too...it snowed today in MAY!! :)