Monday, May 5, 2008

Momma's Boy


I walked in to Ty's room this morning to get him out of bed and when he saw my face peeking over the crib a he said "Momma." Tears started rolling down my face, and I was kicking myself for not having the video camera out. Ty has been trying to say it for a while, and it came out today.
Ty REALLY is a Momma's boy these days. I call it the Mommy/Separation Anxiety phase. Ty starts crying when I walk out of the room. He will even get upset if I leave the room when Ryan or my parents or with him on some occasions. He is getting a little better these days, but some days are really trying.
Thursday when I was gone for my book club Ryan said he cried the whole time I was gone. Well, at least until bed time. Ty was sound asleep like he should be when I got home. I really hate that for Ryan. However, he was wonderful on Saturday with my parents. I really think he is getting more comfortable at Poppy and Ghee's house. And he let his Nana hold him yesterday, too. I was very happy about that. One day at a time. I must cherish this time because it will not last forever.

3 comments:

Heather B. said...

Yea, Tyler!!! Momma is the best word in the whole world!!! Now if I could just get Kendall to say it. Maybe Tyler can teach her how!!! LOL!!!

Ryan said...

I don't believe you!

Lauren said...

awww!!! That is so exciting he said Momma!!!