Friday, May 16, 2008

Superintendent In Training






Tyler got to go see Daddy at work today and have lunch with him. We picked up some Chick Fil A on the way out of town, Tyler loved eating the french fries! I decided that it would be a good idea to take Tyler to Westphalia this afternoon since Ryan has not seen him since Wednesday and is going to be umpiring tonight. Tyler was wearing his blue and white polo shirt in honor of Westphalia. Amma also came with us. My Gramma has not seen the new school complete, so she wanted to come take a peak at how wonderful the school looks. We had a wonderful visit. I loved seeing Ryan's office and all the pictures he has of Ty. I think Ryan is one proud Daddy!
Later this afternoon I will be meeting with Pam and Christina at the Second Hand Rose to decorate and set up for the meeting on Tuesday. Tyler will get to play with Keifer. My parents left today for Athens Texas. They have some friends that have a lake house there. We are very excited about getting to spend a lot of time with Amma while they are gone. Tyler is starting to get use to her. Today was the first time he reached for her. It takes some time the older they get to warm up to people.
Today is a day of remembrance for me. Today is Justin's Birthday. Justin would have been 34 today. It has hard to believe he has been gone for such a long time. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of my big brother. As I am typing this I have tears streaming down my face. I miss him so much and wish that he was still here with us. However, I know that he is looking down on us daily and smiling at his precious namesake, Tyler Justin. I wept when I found out I was pregnant with a boy, because he would get to carry on my brothers name. I can not think of a better tribute! I love you Justin, you continue to inspire me daily.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I can not imagine what you and your family have been through. I am so sorry!

Heather B. said...

Wow, I cannot believe that he would be 34. It just seems unreal. I can't even begin to know the emotions you have daily. I love you and am glad you and your family have such a wonderful guardian angel watching out for you everyday!!! Tyler will be so proud one day to know that he carried on his Uncle Justin's name!!! Big Hugs to you!!