Monday, May 5, 2008

What does my Daddy have on his face?

Just call him Umpire Ryan! That is right, Ryan is going to be a Umpire again. He used to do it a lot when we were dating and the first year of our marriage, but then he got busy with work that he could not find the time to do any more.
A lot of his students in Westphalia play ball, so now they will have their Superintendent as their Umpire. I think the kids are going to have a great time seeing Mr. Steele at their games.
Ryan had not tried on his umpire uniform in a while, so we had a dress rehearsal yesterday. Ty just stared at him. I was a little concerned that Ty might get scared, because for the past week he has been going through a fear of strangers phase. Typical for this age I have read. However, he was fine. It probably had a lot to do with Ryan's voice coming out of that mask.
The first game is tonight. It is pouring down rain right now, so I hope it does not get rained out!


2 comments:

Heather B. said...

How exciting!! I had no idea that Ryan was an umpire! I am sure he will have a great time!!!

Rachel said...

Patrick umpires too! When Landyn saw him in his outfit this year, she said he looked like Spider Man. I have no idea where she has seen Spider Man!!! Scary!!